PHPmyadmin is not opening

taker18

Verified User
HI everyone
out of nowhere, I found that I am not able to open PHPmyadmin, It was working but not sure what happened
it opened on (server.example.com) I \

{This site can’t be reached​

Check if there is a typo in servere.xample.com.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN}

it's worth mentioning that I never got to set up the name server, well I was using the normal domain that has an active website already. and I never got to set up the NS1 and NS2 on the registrar, however just a few minutes ago tried to add the NS1 and NS2 for the domain that I am using as Name server and still PHPmyadmin not fixed.
I have other domains that can use for a server that is parked and has no websites, that i can use as a name server only if this is the solution.
but
using Ubuntu 20.04 and lite speed server

also MY DA error logs :

/var/log/directadmin/error.log

2022:06:06-01:15:15: Named::readDB (): Can't open /etc/bind/server.mydoamin.com.db for reading
2022:06:06-18:38:45: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)

I am having an error on the lite speed server that says:

[30835] Hostname [*] on listener [My ip address:80] is mapped to virtual host [My IP ], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

Does an A-record for server.example.com exist? If not, you need to add it to your zone. This looks like just a DNS-issue on the level of your domain name, so not much to troubleshoot Directadmin-wise.

Does an A-record for server.example.com exist? If not, you need to add it to your zone. This looks like just a DNS-issue on the level of your domain name, so not much to troubleshoot Directadmin-wise.

Agree with you, and i added the A record server.mydomain.com on the Cloudflare and on the DA
1654609524372.png

as you see on the DNS Admin this is the error. My mistake was that I used a domain that already had an active site on it. Maybe it's better to change the server name domain I have some other domains available to use, I just need a good way to change it without interrupting the DA operation or lose access. I am still guessing here

My mistake was that I used a domain that already had an active site on it.
No that doesn't matter as long as you don't use "server" as a subdomain on that active domain.

The DA screenshot looks good.

You have to wait until DNS is propagated. Another method is to create server.example.com as a seperate domain, works fine too.
But in that case you can even setup SPF and DKIM for your hostname.

I don't know how it works in Cloudflare, I don't use that.

Thank you @wtptrs
well, I found out that the record was there already long ago, however when I added A SERVER Record BUT at my Cloudflare at this particular domain I point to be a name server, NOW PHPMYADMIN is working
Untitled.jpg

According to what I searched about and @Richard G its better to move the name server to a separate domain and keep things separate and clean
I would appreciate if someone can explain to me the clear steps in order to switch the name server domain to a new one,
as we know one mistake will make DA out of access.
Thak you in advance

its better to move the name server to a separate domain and keep things separate and clean
Not really, it's just a question of checking what you are doing. It doesn't really matter if you make a mistake on a used domain or a seperate domain without website. I was talking about the hostname, not the nameservers.

I only have experience in setting up own nameservers, so working NS at directadmin. I don't work with Cloudflare, so I can't help you there, maybe somebody else.

However, if things are working good now, I don't see any reason to change it.

However, if things are working good now, I don't see any reason to change it.
I have to say you helped a lot many times with the newbie experience and thanks a lot lots of credits for you and some others as well helped me sometimes.
just an update
however, I figured out that if I add the A server record on Cloudflare where the domain at the server.mydomain.com got propagate and PHPmyadmin work, but after like 15 minutes or less I lose access to DA.
However, I got help from @Active8 with this link to for Auto Sync DA with Cloudflare, but I am not sure if i want to do that yet till i figure out what is wrong. basically I deleted the server A record from Cloudflare for now and back to normal
I will keep investigating just only PHPMy admin is not work and that is tolerable for sometimes till i find whats wrong
Thank you all

Well, you don't strictly need the A-record. As a temporary workaround, you should be able to reach it by surfing to http://server-ip-address/phpmyadmin (no SSL though) or https://domainconfiguredonyourserver.com/phpmyadmin as well if everything is set up correctly.
wooow worked thank you, Thank you @wtptrs. the PHPmyadmin used to go the IP address with no issues but all the sudden started to go the server.mydomain.com
one more thing Sorry for @Richard G I got you confused between the hostname and the name server, all the time I was mainly talking about changing the hostname, and I sometimes I typed nameserver, My fault.
now I am searching how to change DA Hostname but that would be with another post after I search enough I know how to do it on the Admin setting/server setting and then change the server's hostname. just make sure how to without losing control.
THank you All for the great help as I Allways

Back