[PLUGIN] Realtime Register Domain Registration Plugin [FREE]

jeroenp86

Yesterday my very first plugin for DirectAdmin was released. :cool:

This plugin makes it easier to register domainnames right from DirectAdmin. You can register a new domainname in a few clicks after you've created a new package within DirectAdmin. This plugin is to be used with RealtimeRegister (https://www.realtimeregister.com), it's build against their HTTP API. This means that you need to have a Realtime Register account.

How to setup
After installation, the plugin becomes available at reseller level. The first time you'll open the plugin it will ask for an accountname, username and password. These are the Realtime Register credentials. Optionally you can specify default contact-handles (these are pre-defined whois-information sets). That's it :)

How to use
Just use your DirectAdmin server as you usually do. Create a package for one of your clients (or yourself). After creation was succesful, go to the Domain Registration plugin. This plugin will check the status of all the domains within your reseller's reach.
If a domain is not in your Realtime Register account, it can either be created or transferred within a click or two.

Current feature list:
  • Quickly check the status of the domains on your DirectAdmin server
  • Register a domainname right after you've created it in DirectAdmin in a few clicks
  • Transfer a domainname to your RealtimeRegister account right after you've created it in DirectAdmin in a few clicks
  • Renew your domains directly from your DirectAdmin panel
  • Lock / Unlock your domains directly from your DirectAdmin panel
  • View auth-id's for domains on your DirectAdmin server
  • Default registration values speeding up the registration process
  • Create a new contacts from within the plugin
  • Contact-detection; checks for your existing contact while typing
  • Smart caching allowing the plugin to work faster.

For more information on this plugin visit https://www.realtimeregister.com/integration/control-panel-integration/directadmin

If you want to just download it: https://www.realtimeregister.com/static/downloads/da_rtr.tar.gz

I am wondering what you guys think of it. I know not everyone has a Realtime Register account (yet LOL), but I am more interested in what you think of managing domains from within DirectAdmin.

P.S.: I will try to get some screenshots as well.

As I can't seem to edit my own post, I just want to add this:
Thank you DirectAdmin team for my development license and Phil Stier for his HTTPsocket example!

Never heard of this company ever. If they want to provide this for the few people that use their registrar thats fine. I prefer to leave all domain registrar stuff outside of directadmin. Only way it would ever be useful is if there was a plugin that supported all the main registrars, but billing software like whmcs already covers this, so I dont see anyone ever wasting their time adding it into directadmin.

Never heard of this company ever. If they want to provide this for the few people that use their registrar thats fine. I prefer to leave all domain registrar stuff outside of directadmin. Only way it would ever be useful is if there was a plugin that supported all the main registrars, but billing software like whmcs already covers this, so I dont see anyone ever wasting their time adding it into directadmin.

Hi scsi, thanks for your feedback. Realtime Register is especially well known in The Netherlands. They are expanding their business but I don't know the details.

It's especially usefull for the smaller companies who don't have a whole billing system like WHMCS or AWBS, they aren't all as big of a hosting company as you (I presume?). Some just have a DirectAdmin server just for hosting < 500 customers, especially graphic and webdesign bureaus.

If it would be a waste of time, I don't know. I can tell you that I am glad I made the plugin as I got to learn quite a bit about the DirectAdmin plugin system, API's and mashup. Plus it's useful for myself :)

Back