Post-install woes

literallyacat

I recently installed DA on a VM. The great news is that everything works beautifully, almost directly out of the box.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to reach my server on 2222. Whether I go by IP or hostname (including the *.da.direct URL), it simply throws a "connection timed out" error. I have an upstream firewall via Proxmox VE and for the sake of testing, completely disabled it. That had no effect.

When I go to the URL without :2222, I get "webserver is functioning normally". Likewise, all domains hosted on the device are functioning perfectly. But any attempts to access DA give the timeout error.

I still have SSH access to the server, but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any firewalls running on the VM itself? (iptables, firewalld, csf)

Login via SSH and check if your IP is whitelisted. Also check the brute_force files if your IP is on there.

Than try to login via this:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin create-login-url --user=admin

Also check if you have maybe an other firewall running like csf or something.

He hasn't come back here all week. Makes me suspicious of something. He says he cannot get to DA but he also said his domains are working. There is no way to add domains unless he can get to DA. So something is not adding up with his original question and comments.

Back