Predefined options not working on fresh installation

AhmetBas

Verified User
Hello,

it came to my attention that predefined options are not working on fresh installation of DA. After debugging it was only an issue with the current DA_CHANNEL. After changing it to:
Code:
DA_CHANNEL=stable ./setup.sh LICENSE_KEY

it was working.

I was using the following commands
Code:
export php1_release=7.4
export php1_mode=php-fpm
export php2_release=8.0
export php2_mode=php-fpm
export php_ini=yes
export php_timezone=Europe/Amsterdam
export php_ini_type=production
export x_mail_header=yes
export webserver=apache
export mysql=5.7
export mariadb=10.4
export mysql_inst=mariadb

cd /root/
wget -O setup.sh https://download.directadmin.com/setup.sh
chmod 755 setup.sh
DA_HOSTNAME=$(hostname -f) ./setup.sh $CCLICENSE_KEY

So, you have learned something new where we should always use the STABLE release to avoid stress in the future.

any ideas to convert it from debian to alma?

Hmm, I don't think the script is fully ready for public use. I only use it as personal & testing. I have not written the full documentation for it. Used to work perfectly with CentOS but as the distro was announced death, I moved to Debian and the script is fully compatible with Debian. Will make it work with Alma if I have time. I'm hiding the link in my signature because I don't think it is ready for public use to avoid confusion.

So, you have learned something new where we should always use the STABLE release to avoid stress in the future.
I agree with you that we need to use stable, but maybe it's a better idea that DirectAdmin uses stable instead of current by default.

Hello,

it came to my attention that predefined options are not working on fresh installation of DA. After debugging it was only an issue with the current DA_CHANNEL. After changing it to:
Code:
DA_CHANNEL=stable ./setup.sh LICENSE_KEY

it was working.

I was using the following commands
Code:
export php1_release=7.4
export php1_mode=php-fpm
export php2_release=8.0
export php2_mode=php-fpm
export php_ini=yes
export php_timezone=Europe/Amsterdam
export php_ini_type=production
export x_mail_header=yes
export webserver=apache
export mysql=5.7
export mariadb=10.4
export mysql_inst=mariadb

cd /root/
wget -O setup.sh https://download.directadmin.com/setup.sh
chmod 755 setup.sh
DA_HOSTNAME=$(hostname -f) ./setup.sh $CCLICENSE_KEY
I have the same issue.
Where current does not respect the export php and mysql variables.
@DirectAdmin Support or @smtalk is this normal? Because it is really inconvenient that I cannot change mariadb to MySQL 8.0 and add more php versions on install with current as channel.

I agree with you that we need to use stable, but maybe it's a better idea that DirectAdmin uses stable instead of current by default.

They need more people to stay in the current channel so that they can receive more bug reports from us. If the installation default to a stable channel, the percentage of testers will drop = more unresolved bugs.

Back