Prevent DA from using a specific IP

KingEZFLOW

Verified User
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong category
Hello, my server has 5 IPs assigned to it and by default, DA automatically uses all 5, I was wondering if I could somehow prevent/remove one of the 5 IPs from DA using it. Specifically, I don't want DA to use the .14 IP

Attachments

• NVIDIA_Share_Jb0khqXTIe.png
    NVIDIA_Share_Jb0khqXTIe.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 7
If you don't want to have this used this at all by DA, why don't you just delete it via the ip manager?
Normally that should be possible.

If you don't want to have this used this at all by DA, why don't you just delete it via the ip manager?
Normally that should be possible.
It won't let me, as shown in the screenshot it shows that the IP is not active for DA, and there's no button anywhere to "remove" the IP. only to enable it and disable it. And the IP is active even though it shows that it's not because if I go to XX.XX.XX.14:2222 it goes to the admin panel.

Attachments

• NVIDIA_Share_qD9K20lyve.png
    NVIDIA_Share_qD9K20lyve.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 2
Wouldn’t that remove it entirely from my server? As I want to use the IP for Discourse. While running both DA and Discourse on the same machine.
It was just a suggestion to see if you can delete it in DA after you've removed it from the interface, you can add it back after.

Restart DA upon deleting it from the interface though.

Wouldn’t that remove it entirely from my server?
Yes if you remove it from the network interface yes. You might want to test switching to the Enhanced skin temporarily as normally you can remove there the ip addresses. Just do not choice "remove from device". ;)

Also there is another option to remove the ip from DA manually, however you have to test if it won't come back after a reboot.
First edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip.list file and remove the ip from there.
The go to the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips directory and remove the ip from there too.

However, it should be possible via GUI, so I think it's better to temp switch to enhanced skin and try to remove from there in the ip manager as admin.

Back