Problem with backups in 1.21.1

jdwright

Verified User
I can run a manual backup fine, but when I choose to cron it I get an error message emailed to me.

Code:
Subject: An error occured during the backup. Today at 07:01 
You have not selected any Users. Please go back and select some before creating the backup.

So I double checked my settings, and under 'Current Backup Crons' it lists all the users I had previously selected.

*Note this is using FTP not the local system if that matters.

Hello,

Seems like every single OS is different. I've already had to rewite how it's stored in the cronjobs a few ways.. guess I'll need a few more :)

Manually edit the cron for the "diradmin" user, and change the file which it outputs the request to. (currently set to /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

Because of strange characters, it need to be escaped (ie replace = with html safe character %##).. but cron uses % for stdinput, so it needed to be re-changed. Some os's you can put \% and it will write % to the file, other OS's it would write \%.. Pain in the neck.. So, again, we needed to replace % with \045 for the echo command (recognized only for Redhat though). So there are a few versions of the cron floating around depending on what OS you have. If you want to post the OS, I can have another look on my end.

John

[slava@dns1 slava]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
[slava@dns1 slava]$ uname -r
2.4.20-8

Back