Problem with License on Centos 7.9? Help needed.

netfx

Verified User
Hello folks,

I could use some support with 2 VPS servers currently 'stuck' on 1.63.7. When I update these servers to a newer version (1.63.8 or 1.63.9) the Evolution Skin just keeps refreshing for all accounts which makes DA unworkable. The legacy skins seem to work though; at least it was with 1.63.8. I haven't tried 1.63.9 though as I fear not being able to go back to 1.63.7.

Both servers are on Centos 7.9 and on both servers the "License page" is not working, resulting in a redirect because "Unauthorized".
I've contacted my VPS provider TransIP with this problem, but after several days of communicating we cannot figure out the problem.

I also have 2 other Centos 7.9 VPS that don't have this issue at all.

I've tried several things:
1. Reset the Evo Skin
2. Copied EVO skin from another Centos7 VPS that has no issues.
3. Changed update channel to test various releases, but currently on 'stable' prior to release of 1.63.9 which gave me 1.63.7
4. Tried to fix a potential license issue with "getLicense.sh auto"

The license information seems fine though for the untrained eye like me (changed the values ofcourse):
Code:
./directadmin l
F=0
expiry=2147483647
expiry_string=Tue Jan 19 03:14:07 2038
license_key=KPSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNAX8=
lid=XXXXXXX
name=TransIP BV VPS
pid=XXXX
pro_pack=0
type=Internal Bulk Lifetime (Approved Accounts Only)
uid=XXXX
valid=1

Any help would be welcome as both TransIP and me are stuck.

Any help would be welcome as both TransIP and me are stuck.
Transip normally has great service, except in this case.
Transip is using datacenter licenses, in fact Transip should provide in fact support to you and if they don't know, they should be the ones asking support over here or contact DA support.
Because if they don't even know, they will have more customers with the same issue and they would be able to fix it for all of them at once instead of leaving this to their customers.
You are free to ask, but this is not the best way to act of Transip on this issue.

3. Changed update channel to test various releases, but currently on 'stable' prior to release of 1.63.9 which gave me 1.63.7
As for things I've read in various topics, it's best to use the "current" channel at the moment.

As for the loop thing, I've read that somewhere else too, so this might be a bug.

I agree that TransIP is dropping the ball with this problem and I also feel they should contact DirectAdmin support to help me figure this out.
But it is what it is and I'm in limbo now.

Hoping DA support is willing to take a look at this as there is nothing I can do at this moment to fix these issues.

Agreed. But did you try the current channel again as I suggested after the 1.63.7 upgrade?
There is a command which you could try, helped some users already.

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh current

If it doesn't work, I will keep out of the thread until DA has a look or you or TP found a fix.

and I'm in limbo now.
You're here with us in Limbabwe? :D

Hi Richard,

I've tried "Current" channel when 1.63.8 was latest release. That resulted in the refreshing issue, making DA unworkable, so I went back to "Stable".

Now that DA released 1.63.9 I'm afraid that I won't be able to revert back to 1.63.7 if these problems still exist as "Stable" channel should now be 1.63.8 (which gave me these problems to begin with).

As said: 1.63.7 is working without issues if you discard the problems of the "License page".

BTW, not residing in Limboland IRL ;)

I'm afraid that I won't be able to revert back to 1.63.7 if these problems still exis
What kind of server at Transip ? VPS ? if so why not take an snapshot and try to upgrade 1.63.9?
If it fails it takes no more than 1 minute to restore

Hi Active8,

both VPS are the older BladeVPS X1 spec without a snapshot. But of course I can buy a snapshot to try this.
Nevertheless, I have the feeling that there are other underlying issues that are causing these problems with DA.

I just hope that if I can fix this license page issue the problem would solve itself.

Back