Refine message list email a copy of messages

ericovk

Verified User
If you install CSF and connect the Brute force monitor to it, to blacklist ip's, you get a message in the message list. It's nice to monitor, but after a couple of days/weeks I know this process goes well, so I don't want to get notices of all types of messages. I still think it would be nice to get an email when for instance a process fails to start or something.
Therefore I think it would be nice if you can choose what kind of messages you would like to receive through email so you can disable certain types to your need. (by setting it with a checkbox)
I also like the select all/none option at the admin backups/restore function, so it that could be included as well it would be nice.

For instance:
o Email a copy of all messages to: <[email protected]>

√ Email a copy of the chosen type of messages to: <[email protected]>
o Brute force attacks detected from ip
√ Brute force attacks detected on users
√ Service down
√ License file updates
√ Backup failed
o Backups ready
etc...

Last edited:
Do you mean the ConfigServer firewall? If so, that's not a DirectAdmin product, but rather available to DirectAdmin through a plugin. Any requests for changes would have to be made to the publishers of the firewall software.

Not saying I don't agree; I handle the problem with IMAP sieve filtring, which can look at headers (including subjects) and even email bodies, and sort some emails directly to trash.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I actually meant this as an example. It's nice to get an email when a DA backup via cron is ready, but after a couple of good results I don't really care and don't need to receive these messages through mail. So it would be nice if it's possible to disable these messages (for example :-) ). Of course I would like to receive an email when a backup goed wrong so I can take action.

Regards,
Eric

And I do that with Dovecot, Sieve, and Roundcube as well :).

Though yes, I'd like something a bit simpler. But it works fine.

Jeff

Back