Reinstalling PHP

Seth

Verified User
Tried installing Zend optimizer and something keeps it from working properly so we've turned it off. Now php is acting funny. It works for some accounts and not for others. Just wondering how to reinstall PHP or if there is something to do to reconfigure it.

-Seth

I believe you have to use the custom apache build system, but I'm not sure how this works.

Why don't you try finding out and perhaps make a HOWTO? *hint* ;)

Just recompile apache and run the build php during the script process. Check the custom apache sysytem thread for information, i know John has posted a few times information regarding upgrade procedures there.

If you wish you can compile directly from source also, just use your current configure line found in phpinfo() :)

Chris

Just replace your php.ini file with the original one (you DID make a backup, right?!) and restart apache. That will solve your problem. Don't waste your time recompiling PHP and Apache...

locate php.ini

I know DirectAdmin has spares hanging around somewhere :p

phriendly-Mark said:
You need to re-make zlib with a staticly (? maybe dynamic) linked .so file.

Depends. could be the case could not be.. theres always a chnace php is simply switched off for certain domains :D

Dont forget, he said he turned zend OFF.

Either way its probably worth recompiling zlib :)

Chris

I'll give it a try. DA have a php.inc laying around, not sure if I saved my backup...:eek:

I'm pretty sure zend makes a backup of your php.ini anyway. Last time i used it im usre it created php.ini.bak or similar.

If you cant find one just run:

# updatedb
# locate php.ini

Chris

/usr/local/lib/php.ini
/usr/local/lib/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/php.ini-dist
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/php.ini-recommended
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/pear/tests/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.1.0a-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.1.0b-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.0.3-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak

Seems it's all over the place :D Any ideas as what I should do hear?

Thanks!
Seth

Seth said:
/usr/local/lib/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/php.ini-dist
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/pear/tests/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.1.0a-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.1.0b-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/ZendOptimizer-2.0.3-Linux_glibc21-i386/zui_files/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak

Seems it's all over the place :D Any ideas as what I should do hear?

Thanks!
Seth

The one Zend would have backed up is more than likely:

and i would guess the default DirectAdmin one is:

Chris

Also ensure you restart apache for these changes to take effect.

Chris

Back