Remote SQL not working in Website but connects OK via CLI

shanelawrie

I'm currently receiving the following error when going to MySQL Database management in the web interface

Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxx.xxxx.xxxx' (115)

I have done the same hostname and username/password combination as set in the mysql.conf file and it connects perfectly via the command line interface when logged in via SSH.

What am I missing? Why would it not work in the web interface but OK in the CLI?

I've also added a da_admin account with the same password that was setup during installation.
I also did a check with building roundcube and that works 100% too.

Also yes I have already gone through the websites instructions a few times on how to do it, so please do not link me out to it unless you firmly believe there is a step I have missed.

no step provide in Docs. So this should be knowledge for Administrator.
If you have problem with connection between server to server. Just check firewall.

no step provide in Docs. So this should be knowledge for Administrator.
If you have problem with connection between server to server. Just check firewall.
Because it worked in the SSH shell session I didn't even think to check a firewall setting.. thank you again for pointing me in that direction.

I have problem same this topic
I Check ping , telnet , mysql -host it work on ssh
but i connect which mysqli_connect it not work

What happened ?
php 7.2
web server openlitespeed 1.8
remote database is mariaDB 10.3
I test connect from other server openlitespeed same config it work.

Back