Remove email-related GUI settings/options (website-only server)

dlong500

Verified User
I've been using DirectAdmin for quite a while now (15+ years) but ONLY for website hosting. Email and DNS services for any of the domains are hosted elsewhere. I have everything working fine in terms of the actual configuration, but all the email-related GUI options still clutter up the interface. Is there an easy way to disable ALL email GUI options or will this require building a custom theme?

Maybe I've missed some other topics/discussions on the subject. It would certainly be nice if there was a single DirectAdmin-wide option to disable anything and everything related to email for those of us that don't do any email hosting.

You mean a kind of switch for user to have yes or no mail enabled.

Could be handy yup.

System mails should work however as warning messages and so on.

It's more than just wanting a switch for whether mail is enabled. It's already possible of course to disable local mail for a domain. I'm wanting to get rid of any UI mention of mail settings at all in the control panel (all user levels, backup options, etc).

System mails are a different beast entirely and, if there were any pertinent UI settings related to system email functionality, I'd be fine with a section in the admin screen for that. But any domain-related mail stuff is just clutter for me as I don't use any of it at all.

Back