Remove languages from list

factor

Verified User
Is there going to be a way to remove unneeded languages from this list? Like I only need english.

1619206149970.png

I don’t see these unless I am on the new prerelease. So I assumed the prerelease added those languages

I don’t see these unless I am on the new prerelease. So I assumed the prerelease added those languages
Yes, it did, I'm just saying that a way to disable any language you want already exists.

Yes, it did,
Seems unnecessary.
How do I remove the other languages entirely from the server?

I total get there are other Languages and they are important for those Groups of people. I just wont ever need them. Most software include them as language packs.

Last edited:
I thought the old system was better because you had to explicitly add a language. What do I want as an European provider with turkish or arabic translations? It also tends to have a pejorative effect on customers (everything that was possible was simply installed without further consideration), IMHO.

I also find it rather nasty that the language button at the bottom of the right-hand side has suddenly disappeared (EVO).

Last edited:
Seems unnecessary.
How do I remove the other languages entirely from the server?

I total get there are other Languages and they are important for those Groups of people. I just wont ever need them. Most software include them as language packs.
I think it pulls it form the translation page. Since they're planning to centralize localizations so everybody can use it.
So maybe it only lives on the server if it gets selected? But not sure.

You can just do the following using pre-release:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set language_list en
service directadmin restart

Code:

On pre-release:
Code:
[root@vsr2 ~]# ./directadmin set language_list en
Error with the current values:
Cannot find 'language_list' in the directadmin.conf

On pre-release:
Code:
[root@vsr2 ~]# ./directadmin set language_list en
Error with the current values:
Cannot find 'language_list' in the directadmin.conf
The command executes fine for me, and adds the config file.

Are you sure you are running the latest pre-release?

Code:
Running the version from May 29 2021, 03:14:46... On my test server I set it to just en as you have described and restarted, it's giving me English and Turkish? I double checked the config file and it just has English.

Back