Reseller access to his user's account

pppplus

Verified User
Hi

Is it a way to give to reseller, access to accounts of his users, as we have in admin account ?
I do not find post about this.

Thanks for replies

Hello,

All resellers are allowed by default to access their users accounts, unless you deny it with Login Keys (if it's possible to do that with them), or with custom scripts (POST/PRE).

Some actions a reseller can not do on reseller level, so a reseller need to login as a user if one need to change DNS/Email settings, etc.

pppplus;239716' said:
Is it a way to give to reseller, access to accounts of his users, as we have in admin account ?
Or do you mean FTP access? You can't normally access your user's accounts through FTP unless you login as the user, using the user password. That's based on default access rules built into your core OS.

You can make changes though; the first change you'll need to make is to allow reseller accounts access to the /home directory rather than the /home/USERNAME/ directory. You can possibly do this in your FTP daemon configuration, but you may need to do it on a per-reseller level.

Then you'll need to make /home/usrename and all files and subdirectories chgrp the reseller username.

Then you'll need to be sure all directories including and under /home/USERNAME/ are chmd 755 and all files under /home/USERNAME/[ are chmod 644.

This should work, but I haven't done it in years, and I make no guarantees.

Jeff

Hi
Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I mean from directadmin !
Very strange, because I have some resellers who complains to not have access to account of their users.

I've just test and it works. So it was a stupid question...
Sorry !

For FTP access, they can easily create an account from user account, so it's not a problem

Very strange, because I have some resellers who complains to not have access to account of their users.

If they fail to login into user account from their reseller level, then you might need:

1. to make sure the directadmin is of the latest release version.
2. to make sure the skin which is used is actual and contains all modifications (try a default one, instead of 3rd part if used any)
3. to check directadmin logs.

Might be related to this: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1330 if you are using an outdated 3rd party skin or one modified by you.

Back