Reseller Level Backups Notification Missing

roarkh

Verified User
Hello,

I have a question that perhaps someone can help me with. We have been running a DirectAdmin server for some time and last night I experienced something strange. I have set up reseller level backups to back up our server every night, this has been working on this machine for the past 2+ years with no issues but last night something strange happened in that I never received a message in the message system about the backups completing.

I know the backups ran because while they are running I often receive messages about a suspicious process running (ncftpput) and I received those messages last night, I also saw that there were files in /home/tmp last night which only occurs while backups are running. But this morning even though /home/tmp was empty I received no message that backups had completed however when I checked the server the backups are stored on all the files were there as expected.

Can anyone tell me what might cause backups to run but notification of that fact to not be sent?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Do you hold your email account (which is intended to get notifications) on the same server or on another remote service? Check your exim queue and logs. Probably it's a delivery issue.

Back