Secure SSL Connection with Exim-or-PostFix and DA under FreeBSD

Very confused as to what you're looking for.

For example, DirectAdmin doesn't use Postfix, and it should not be installed.

If you're not going to use Dovecot then what exactly are you going to use for deliveries, since the only other imap/pop daemons which work with DirectAdmin won't work with Maildir mailboxes? Are you planning to use the older, more inefficient, and problematic mbox mailboxes?

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Kindly let me know what the best deliveries system works with DA, as i need to know if i install PostFix with SASL and Exim is that okay?

sorry fir this n00b question, but i'am learning how-to administrator freebsd with DA.

-j0

Postfix is an MTA (a mail server). So is exim. They both can't run on port 25 at the same time. I don't support Postfix on DirectAdmin, and I don't know of anyone who does.

So my only answer can be that if you're using DirectAdmin use exim and do NOT use or even install Postfix.

Jeff

Very confused as to what you're looking for.

For example, DirectAdmin doesn't use Postfix, and it should not be installed.

If you're not going to use Dovecot then what exactly are you going to use for deliveries, since the only other imap/pop daemons which work with DirectAdmin won't work with Maildir mailboxes? Are you planning to use the older, more inefficient, and problematic mbox mailboxes?

Jeff
Kindly let me know what the best deliveries system works with DA, as i need to know if i install PostFix with SASL and Exim is that okay?

Back