Selecting Domains for Slave DNS

Sakamoto Ryōma

Verified User
Hello,

Is it feasible to manage the propagation of specific domains to the slave DNS server?

For instance, I currently manage domains A, B, and C on my DirectAdmin server.

I'm planning to set up a multi-server configuration with a slave DNS server.

I'd like the DNS records for domains A and B to be replicated to my slave DNS server(s), while excluding domain C from replication.

Is it possible to control this aspect in DirectAdmin?

In other words, can I selectively choose which domains or accounts are replicated to the slave servers through DirectAdmin?

Code:
For each IP in the list of external DNS servers, there are the options "Zone Transfer" and "Domain Check". You don't need to have these both on if the features they represent are not needed with your setup.

Example, if you still use local nameservers, but just want to prevent a user from adding a domain to server A that already exists on server B, then you disable the Zone Transfer, and just leave Domain Check.

Hello,

As of now all DNS zones are sent to all DNS servers connected to Directadmin using a multiserver feature. There is no way to filter them on a source server. But you might filter them on a target server using a HOOK script dns_raw_save_post.sh, see the link for more details:

- https://docs.directadmin.com/developer/hooks/dns.html#dns-raw-save-post-sh

In other words, can I selectively choose which domains or accounts are replicated to the slave servers through DirectAdmin?

Back