service.named stopped

There are indeed several threads about this. I've seen you replying in another one too. Lets keep all info in 1 thread, which is also easier for DA support staff if they need to fix something.

So lets keep all info and results in this thread:
Indeed, I only replied in one other thread about this as I recall. I won't go on a desperate rampage of replies, no worries :D and I only speak to the relevance of the thread itself, as long as the solution was not found I imagine supplying additional and especially relevant information would help.

If you have a solid reason why I should not continue to reply about this issue on other threads I can understand, I just want to help.

First of all, please don't quote full posts, it's just not done and I know what I wrote.

If you have a solid reason why I should not continue to reply about this issue on other threads I can understand, I just want to help.
You might want to help, but I do have a solid reason and the question is for anybody getting to this thread, not only you.

Reason: If you get several threads, about the same issue, it just works faster and better to get things resolved. Maybe you post everywhere, but others don't and so maybe some answers got lost.

For example. In the other thread, smtalk asked to give the output of the named.service via the cat command.

In one of the 3 threads, I asked already for that output, for a reason, because that is where the error notice is caused, so we might find the solution there.
However, my question got overwhelmed somewhere due to the fact that several threads are used.

Next to that, if you post in 3 threads, those three get on top, snowing under other problems which might also be importand and it's irritating people. When all thread keep live, it's gets more like double our tripleposting, which is also not done on help forums.

I didn't even catch all, but those are valid reasons to from a certain point on, keep all questions and answers in 1 thread. For everybody with that particular issue, so please don't take it personal, it's ment generally.

And (most importantly) it's also much easier to work for DA staff if they come to solve things. They won't read 3 different threads with the same issue.
And this way answers (maybe important) get lost.

Hopefully this explanation adds to your understanding as to why at a certain point, it's better for everybody if everybody (having the issue or giving tips/solutions) to keep things in 1 thread. ;)

Back