Show Creativity...What would you make with 2 leftover wooden shipping palletts?

Nexxterra.com

Verified User
What would you make with 2 leftover wooden shipping pallets?
You know those rough wooden slabs that large things get shipped on?
Anything counts, be creative!

I had this specific problem this past week, after accepting delivery on a 65" DLP based home theater system and various add-ons. Two odd-shaped pallets in fact. I was just going to leave them outside the trashbin for our trash-collector to pick them up.

But I asked my godson, who helped me with the installation, and he said he could use them. He sawed them up (he's in the home maintenance business and has all the necessary tools) and took them on a camping trip to use as firewood.

Jeff

You could market them as a Rodent Control System:

Label one pallet with the letter A
Label the other pallet with the letter B

Create a document with the following text;
Lift Pallet B with crane to insure it is vertically aligned with Pallet A

Place rodent on Pallet A

Initiate quick release function of crane cable to insure that Pallet B
falls on Pallet A

For Shipment to customer:

Place document on Pallet A
Stack Pallet B on Pallet A
Band Pallet A and Pallet B together

Offer Satisfaction Guarentee - Customer pays return shipping
Accept Pay Pal

Offer Rental and Rent-to- Buy options

Thom

Been there, done that (a smaller version thereof, anyway), while still in high school (in the 1950s). And I wasn't the first. Or the last.

Google Search here (google.com)

:D

Jeff

I remember operator phones. At the large family home in Long Beach NY (similar to the large family home in Long Beach NY where the Coreleone's lived in the original The Godfather movie), our phones didn't have dials. The operator would come on and say operator (what else), and we'd tell her to dial the four-digit phone number. Ours was 4528. If I called my cousin from The Bronx we did have dial phones, but we couldn't dial Long Beach directly. I'd dial 0 for operator, and then ask for Long Beach 4528.

Eventually we got five-digit numbers, and I'd ask the operator for Long Beach 6 4528.

When they switched do direct dial we couldn't be LO 6 4528, which would have conflicted with New York City's Logan exchange, so LO 6 became GE 1. The number stayed the same (it was transferred to a smaller home after my grandparents passed on) until the last family member left Long Beach earlier this century; I presume some one else has it now.

And no one ever heard of Long Beach again until the east coast hurricane a while back, when lots of viewers worldwide saw the Long Beach NY lifeguard building get carried by the waves and crash into the Long Beach boardwalk; that clip was shown many times over.

Long Beach, NY (wikipedia.org)

Jeff

Back