Spamassassin

MIchel PICCO

I would like to enable the SPAMASSASSIN on the server and I red the "How to" on DA without understanding anything! Where can I find a more detail procedures to proceed with the enabling? For example, where to get the SPAMASSASSIN file mentioned? The directories listed, have to created on the server? etc.

Thanks

Yes, I have been there. The problem is that I do not know where to start from! For example:

The directory "cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts" is in the server (I cannot find it)? It has to be created in the server? Where shoud be created?

./spam.sh is a progam? I download a ZIP file from site SPAMASSASSIN but inside cannot find it!

and so on!!

Thank you for the tutorial link. I downloaded the ssh client PUTTY but I was not able to get connected. I checked the settings and found that the Shell Access is OFF. How to enable it?

About the DA directory, I don't know what you mean!
Actually I purchase a domain that is managed trhough DA.

If you purchased a domain that is managed via DirectAdmin, then you cannot install SpamAssassin. The server's administrator will have to. (You have to have root access to install SpamAssassin). Once its installed, you can enable it via the "User" control panel. If your hosting provider (administrator) has changed the default themes, you will not see "SpamAssassin" as an option in your Control Panel. So, to get it to work, you will need ask your servers admin if he/she has SpamAssassin installed, if so, how do you enable it.

Back