Special software to track all e-mails

hbhb

Verified User
I have a client demanding for special service where he wanted to track all e-mails in/out being sent out because they have a lot of outsourced staff working via e-mail indipendently. I think this is more on a software instead of server configuration or something like that..

What kind of special software which we can install on the server to be able to trace those (without much technical knowledge for the boss to check out those latest e-mails to monitor their work?)

Suggestion?

If the outsourced staff are using the server for all outgoing and incoming emails then the tracking information is already in the log files; simply grep out the usernames of those particular users.

However this doesn't mean anything because the staff could be using their own email server, or some other server (hotmail, google, etc.) for outgoing email, in which case it doesn't touch your server and cannot be traced.

Jeff

I understand it can be read from the log. But the people in the company do not know anything about technical details. What I need is a software with GUI interface that allows them to track.

They only use @companydomain.com, so yes, it will bypass through own server only. No business transaction is deal with 3rd party email

I'd wonder if enough people need this for the authors of DirectAdmin to take the time/energy to write it in to the code base (where eventually everyone will pay for it), or if perhaps you, because you need it, should write your own code. Or have someone write it for you.

It could easily be done with a combination of code to be written as root, and a plugin to make it part of the DirectAdmin control panel, or simple php code to make it part of a separate interface.

But I don't see why it should be part of DirectAdmin.

Jeff

I'm asking this as a 'off-topic discussion' from DirectAdmin, which is not related to Directadmin itself.

All i'm asking is.. has anyone seen or use or recommend me a script that has the function I mentioned.

Ok, sorry. However I should probably add that DirectAdmin uses custom exim logging; any pre-existing script may need modification, or the logging may need moficiation, in order for it to work.

Jeff

Back