Spelling error in docs

Thanks for bringing this up. The docs are updated.

It would be great to open up the docs for community to allow accepting change suggestions. We have not yet found a good way of doing that. For the time being the best way to do it is just mentioning it in the forums.

Yes like this one too:
I don't know if some of them already are fixed, did not doublecheck.
But I do know that there are more things only mentioned in the features but did not make it to the docs.

I don't know if something which was used for translation can also be used for docs, or a kind of DA wiki can be made, maybe better.

Until you find a solution, I would suggest to create a seperate docs report thread, and you can put a "Like" under the suggestion if it's fixed.
Or even better, in Xenforo you can add like a "cup" for "thanks" and then click that if the suggestion is updated.

We have not yet found a good way of doing that.
I`d recommend the free version from https://atarim.io/
free = 1 seat, unlimited visitors, visitor can mark any part of the website (text, images, whatsoever) and leave message (even with screenshot); you get all in one backend. it was orginially for WP, but now it can handle any website. Its free :)

Downside of that is that:
a.) you are dependent of a 3rd party
b.) pricing can always change.

I would rather suggest an open source wiki which DA can host themselves, so they have everything in their own hand, and no sudden price changes for their documentation storage. Also they can set their own access.
In that case something like Dokuwiki might be good.

well, atarim is 5min to setup (and so long its free it can work, no prob if it finish, then we are there where we are now), and for dokuwiki somebody would need to copy all the documentations and menus, a lot of work, who should do it?

I thought with Dokuwiki it's the users who can also create the pages. As for copying current pages, I guess that's not done in 5 minutes either. How about the docs and menu's there?
Atarim might be faster to setup, but it's to be used for a long time and in that case you run into things like the limitations and the risks of further limits or sudden pricing in the (near) future.
If you have to change or move afterwards in case such happens, it will be for sure more work and effort. So is it worth while then on the longer term That's an important consideration. I don't think Atarim would be a less choice, but one should take these considerations in mind.

Next to that, Dokuwiki was just an idea, just like your idea of Atarim.
There are more options out there ofcourse. But seen from a DA business point of view, and having docs for long term, to mee it seems some open source, selfhosted would be better to keep things in own hand.
Doesn't need to be Dokuwiki, it's just one of the options present.
As far as I'm concerned it could even be Wordpress. :)

Ah, no, Atarim is not meant as an replacement for the existing docu. It would be similar to a overlay over the existing docu, where users can propose changes (text, images, files), and the admin get them in his dashboard in a list, and can directly jump to the existing page. I guess you misinterpreted the functionality of atarim. It should serve only as an information system, where users can propose changes to the existing docu. It would not change or replace in any kind the docu itself. The changes still must be done from the admins as they are done now.
So there is no risk to run in limitations. Docu is handled as it was before. What is written in the docu stays written in the docu. Its previous name was WP Feedback, it was previous a wp only plugin. Now its self-standing (atarim-hosted) and can handle any website. It does NOT need any plugins or accounts or API or other direct connection.
Recognition from parts of the website is similar to Browser Inspector, or Firebug, or CSS Hero, but grafically, and you get a textfield and more tools at this element, when you point the mouse there - then you write your suggestions. If sended, admin will get notification and your comments (and files/screenshots,..) in his dashboard. To make the changes is and stays in docu-admins hands.

Last edited:
I guess you misinterpreted the functionality of atarim. It should serve only as an information system, where users can propose changes to the existing docu.
Ah indeed. I did misunderstand the functionality in that case.
Still, imho for the long term it's better to keep things fully in own hand, even if that means a little more work in the beginning.

But it's indeed an interesting option.

First of all, check if the project is on GitHub and submit an issue with the error and corrected code through the "Issues" tab.
Maybe you should read the thread before giving a comment or advise. We're talking about the DA docs here, not over some external tool. ;)

Back