SSL Lets Encrypt Not Working showing shared hostname SSL

kohlihosting

Hello There,

My Domain https://toplinks.directory is showing invalid. It is picking up the SSL Certificate from Server Shared SSL. Everything like SNI, LetsEncrpyt is installed. Even if we check SSL Certificate Text:-

-------------------------
Certificate Information:
Common Name: kohliwebdesign.com
Subject Alternative Names: kohliwebdesign.com, www.kohliwebdesign.com
Valid From: February 15, 2017
Valid To: May 16, 2017
Issuer: Let's Encrypt Authority X3, Let's Encrypt
Serial Number: 03047286d51f63e4040165a3750f315c277c
---------------------------

Please help me out and let me know what is causing error?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sahil Kohli

Hello There,

My Domain https://toplinks.directory is showing invalid. It is picking up the SSL Certificate from Server Shared SSL. Everything like SNI, LetsEncrpyt is installed. Even if we check SSL Certificate Text:-

-------------------------
Certificate Information:
Common Name: kohliwebdesign.com
Subject Alternative Names: kohliwebdesign.com, www.kohliwebdesign.com
Valid From: February 15, 2017
Valid To: May 16, 2017
Issuer: Let's Encrypt Authority X3, Let's Encrypt
Serial Number: 03047286d51f63e4040165a3750f315c277c
---------------------------

I think I experience this problem as well on a server, still looking into it but without any luck..

I don't know how to solve it in the control panel as it's creating a valid certificate that isn't configured correctly but for me the SSH methode will create certificates and this is working so far...

Please try what I did and see if it's working for you:
Replace the example.com (sub)domains with the subdomains and the domain you run..

You might want to read I want a multi-domain certificate for my hostname/mailserver using LetsEncrypt

You need root access in SSH and you need to add your domain and all subdomains, if you do not add any of the names the certificate wont be valid for the name you didn't include.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./letsencrypt.sh request `hostname`,www.example.com,example.com,subdomain.example.com 4096

Good luck,

Willem

Thanks Willem, But I don't want to add SSL to the hostname. Server Hostname already have a SSL which is getting conflict with the SSL I installed on https://www.kohliwebdesign.com/ I want the kohliwebdesign.com to use the Lets Encrypt SSL which is installed not the shared SSL from the hostname which is revati.kohlihosting.in

Hope you could help me with it! Please.

I think I experience this problem as well on a server, still looking into it but without any luck..

I don't know how to solve it in the control panel as it's creating a valid certificate that isn't configured correctly but for me the SSH methode will create certificates and this is working so far...

Please try what I did and see if it's working for you:
Replace the example.com (sub)domains with the subdomains and the domain you run..

You might want to read I want a multi-domain certificate for my hostname/mailserver using LetsEncrypt

You need root access in SSH and you need to add your domain and all subdomains, if you do not add any of the names the certificate wont be valid for the name you didn't include.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./letsencrypt.sh request `hostname`,www.example.com,example.com,subdomain.example.com 4096

Good luck,

Willem

More Details on SSL

Certificate and Key Saved.

Details

Getting challenge for kohliwebdesign.com from acme-server...
Waiting for domain verification...
Challenge is valid.
Getting challenge for www.kohliwebdesign.com from acme-server...
Waiting for domain verification...
Challenge is valid.
Generating 4096 bit RSA key for kohliwebdesign.com...
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/kw/domains/kohliwebdesign.com.key.new"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
...................................++
........................................................................................................++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Checking Certificate Private key match... Match!
Certificate for kohliwebdesign.com has been created successfully!

The Certificate gets created successfully but when you open https://kohliwebdesign.com, it shows the shared SSL from the hostname.

Please help !!! Thanks!

Back