subdomain propagation time

DAuser4

Verified User
I'm a new user with DirectAdmin, i recently installed a VPS , and when I created a subdomain, this not appaer only after 3 hours.. Until now my website was hosted in another webhosting, where a subdomain appeared in a few seconds, or minutes.May be a dns configuration error? Unfortunately, I'm no expert.
I would ask for your help, and ideas.
Thanks!
DAuser4

If you're planning to create sub-domains (abc.domain.com) always with IP of the domain (domain.com). Add "*" in DNS of the domain.

In directadmin open DNS config page for your domain (domain.com). In a line for A record add a new domain record "*":

Code:
*          A             HERE_YOUR_IP

Change HERE_YOUR_IP with your IP for the domain. Wait within 1-48 hours for changes to take effects. After that your new sub-domains will be accessible within 2-3 minutes.

Thanks !

Thanks for the quick help! I'll try it, than I'll back with results..!
DAuser4

Now it work!

Yes!!! work! But with addon domains, it must be set it separately? Becouse I have a few addon domains, and wich it still does not work...
Thanks!

If you're planning to use this scheme with others domains. Add "*"-A record in DNS and for those domains.

To do it automatic for all new domains, update your /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/dns_a.conf and add line:

Code:
*=|IP|

If you've got no /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/dns_a.conf run:

Code:
cp /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/dns_a.conf /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/dns_a.conf

and only than update it.

Thanks! It works!

Thank you very much for help! Now working with all domains! You solved my big problem!
Thanks!
DAuser4

Back