Suexec Awstats (domain.xxx/awstats)

webaltern

Verified User
Hello!

Happy new year everyone! :)

Well, I have bulid a new server with Custom build 2.0

#PHP settings.
Default version of PHP is always php1_release. Possible values for php1/php2_release: 5.3, 5.4, no. php1/php2_mode: mod_php, php-fpm or suphp)
php1_release=5.3
php2_release=5.4
php1_mode=suphp
php2_mode=mod_php
php_ini=no
#Possible values - production or development
php_ini_type=production
ioncube=yes
zend=yes

#Possible value: 2.4
apache_ver=2.4
mod_ruid2=yes
secure_htaccess=no
harden-symlinks-patch=yes

and moved some account on that new server and since that, I cannot use AWStats at www.domaine.xxx/awstats. It return a 500 Error. But Awstats work fine from DA panel.

When I check the apache errror log I got:

[Thu Jan 03 20:23:19.096281 2013] [cgi:error] [pid 3221] [client 174.93.000.000:61289] AH01215: suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details

[Thu Jan 03 20:23:19.096346 2013] [cgi:error] [pid 3221] [client 174.93.000.000:61289] End of script output before headers: awstats.pl

When I check in the suexec log i got:
[2013-01-03 20:23:19]: user mismatch (xxxxxxxx instead of apache)

did I need to change all awstats directory user to apache?

I just checked one of my servers, running apache 2.4.3, mod_ruid2, php 5.3.18, custombuild 1:

The link at /home/USERNAME/domains/EXAMPLE.COM/public_html/awstats is chmod lrwxrwxrwx and chown USERNAME:USERNAME

The directory at /home/USERNAME/domains/EXAMPLE.COM/awstats is chmod drwxr-xr-x and chown USERNAME:USERNAME.

AWstats works properly both from the control panel and from the browser.

On another server, running running apache 2.4.3, mod_ruid2, php 5.4.9, custombuild 2:

The link at /home/USERNAME/domains/EXAMPLE.COM/public_html/awstats is chmod and chown the same as above, and the directory at /home/USERNAME/domains/EXAMPLE.COM/awstats is chmod and chown the same as above as well.

AWstats works properly both from the control panel and from the browser.

I'm guessing that your problem has something to do with you running two versions of php, one as mod_ruid2 and one as mod_suphp, since I have the same settings for apache_ver, mod_ruid2, secure_htaccess, and harden-symlinks-patch.

So that's the direction in which I'd look.

(I've moved the thread, it's now in the Custombuld2 subforum.)

Jeff

Hello,

This may be a bug with the mod_ruid2 setup, as the entire apache process would be running as the user, instead of apache.
This issue would likely be something that would need to be looked at... either change suexec to allow calls from Users, or to disable it completely, as it's somewhat redundant if apache is already running as the correct User (assuming no security checks are bypassed by disabling it)

John

Hi Again,

well, I have tried the setup again on another server and it seems to work well without mod_ruid2...

I will try to see what is the problem with that server...

thank you!

Back