task.queue.da is not processed

pcburakq

Verified User
Hello,

My Backup crons are being written to the following file by DirectAdmin;

/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

However, for anything other the DirectAdmin creates and processes the following file;

/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Manually starting dataskq only processes task.queue file and task.queue.da file never gets processed.

I am unable to fix this myself, how can i make DirectAdmin process task.queue.da? Or write these actions to to task.queue file?

Code:
action=backup&id=1&owner=admin
action=backup&id=9&owner=orgsanco
action=backup&id=2&owner=admin
action=backup&id=3&owner=admin
action=backup&id=4&owner=admin
action=backup&id=5&owner=admin
action=backup&id=6&owner=admin
action=backup&id=7&owner=admin
action=backup&id=7&owner=admin

Regards

No one?

I am currently using a cron such as this;

Code:
0 15 * * * cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/ && mv task.queue.da task.queue ; /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d200 >/dev/null 2>&1

But i want the panel to work as expected, whitout funny patches made by me.

Regards

Was /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da ever handled by dataskq? I'm not aware of it, but I haven't been around DirectAdmin that long.

I suspect you may be thinking of the custombuild taskqueue - /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.cb - which you could then execute separately with:

/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq -custombuild

Take a look at the new dataskq handling in DirectAdmin 1.641:

You can essentially specify your own task queue file from the command line, i.e.:

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin taskq --file=/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

While this solves a lot of issues with race conditions involving the task queue... for me it doesn't answer everything... *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* ...

Was /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da ever handled by dataskq? I'm not aware of it, but I haven't been around DirectAdmin that long.

I suspect you may be thinking of the custombuild taskqueue - /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.cb - which you could then execute separately with:

/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq -custombuild

Take a look at the new dataskq handling in DirectAdmin 1.641:

You can essentially specify your own task queue file from the command line, i.e.:

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin taskq --file=/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

While this solves a lot of issues with race conditions involving the task queue... for me it doesn't answer everything... *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* ...

This, while looking promising did not work.
mv task.queue.da task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d200

I had to move task.queue.da to rename it as task.queue and start dataskq manually again for directAdmin cron backups to work.

This is after i updated DA to DirectAdmin 1.641. (it was 1.63x so

Code:

Did not work and i had to update. But it still failed :/

Thanks for the changelog tho, it had useful info i might need.

Back