Test a backup on a local server

arjena

Verified User
I've got a Prestashop running on a VPS with DirectAdmin. Now I want to change some things on the shop, but preferably on a local copy so I can mess up without consequences. So I made an Admin backup of the whole domain, assuming this would also include the sql database the shop relies on. However, I cannot find it when I unzip the backup on my local system. Am I doing something wrong? Or in other words, how do I make a backup that includes everything and can be used on a (Debian 11) system without Directadmin? The local server has Apache, PHP7.4 and MariaDB all set up and running.

So I made an Admin backup of the whole domain, assuming this would also include the sql database the shop relies on. However, I cannot find it when I unzip the backup on my local system.
Why not backup as Reseller/User ? that should including everything including your sql data

Sorry for the late reply, things came up, you know how it works.
I did an Admin backup because I also moved to another server. Somehow all the databases are transferred to the new server, but I had to do a manual export from phpmyadmin to get it working on my local machine. So all is well now, but I still don't understand how all the databases are transferred to the new server while I cannot find them in my backup...

but I still don't understand how all the databases are transferred to the new server while I cannot find them in my backup...
If you open an admin backup made with admin backup/transfer, you will see 3 things.
Code:
/backup
/domains
/imap
The database is present as .sql file in the /backup directory.

Back