The BEST Anti Virus?

RichardM

Hi everyone,

I'm running mailscanner on bsd 7.2 with sendmail and clamav. I'm also new to this forum so please bare with me.

Anyway, clamav seems to crash with errors of can't connect to demon. I have to restart it and mailscanner and inetd etc for it all to work again.

Are there any recommended AV products out there? Even if I have to buy one I will as long as it works well for a high volume server node.

Thanks.
Rich

If you are using Sendmail then you have come to the wrong forum. DirectAdmin uses Exim and there are instructions here fore setting up ClamAV and Mailscanner for use with Exim. You likely will not find any Sendmail help here but some here might know something.

There's not really much difference though, it's just an mta.
My question is does anyone have any recomendations for a good AV product for mailscanner apart from ClamAV?

Also I'm using tmpfs for caching. Thanks.

There's not really much difference though, it's just an mta.

Apparently there is a difference. You said clamav crashes when using with sendmail. However it does not crash when using exim.

I think everybody here uses clamav with exim. Mailscanner not needed. I have not seen any posts about other scanners.

Hello Buddy

The best anti virus is ESET and I am also used this anti virus.

Apparently there is a difference. You said clamav crashes when using with sendmail. However it does not crash when using exim.

I've recompiled sendmail now and it's working fine. We have sendmail on all our other nodes and they handle the load fine.

I would still like to ask the questions, in your opinion what's the best av? Are there any better av products out there than clamav?

Thanks

Not a directadmin related question.... directadmin doesnt use sendmail. You should ask your question on another forum.

He did ask it in the off topic discussion area. But on the other hand it might be difficult to recommend an anti-virus to work with sendmail since we do not use it.

If you want to know the BEST anti-virus for email, don't be stupid and open email attachments. That truly is the BEST.

The best anti virus is ESET and I am also used this anti virus.
For Windows desktops, yes, I agree with you (though I must admit I run it my only Windows system, a laptop which I use only from time to time to test something under Windows).

But the question was really about using an anti-virus system on a server running sendmail.

Do you actually read posts? Or do you have an automatic program to find topics so you can create links to your site (which doesn't appear to be running on DirectAdmin)?

Jeff

Back