Timeout error

Hi!

I have the following problem. I have several devices connected to one wifi network. I open (via my phone) any site allocated on Centos server. After some time (several seconds - duration depends on value of KeepAliveTimeout set in httpd.conf) I can't open any site on this server on my Desktop computer. Also I can't connect to ftp server, open DirectAdmin panel, connect to mail server throught ThunderBird. But I can connect to SSH via Putty and I have ping from my Desktop computer to server's IP.

If KeepAlive in httpd.conf set as Off or KeepAliveTimeout is very small (2 sec) then sites on computer don't work at the same time when I open sites on mobile.

I tried another wifi network. There is the same situation.

Also I have CSF on server. I tried to turn off it. There is the same situation.

I can't understand what is this and don't know how to understand.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
You should consider errors that don't have your ip as well. It could be an error with your httpd service as well not just blocking of your ip.
  • What error do you get in your Browser when you get the "time-out"?
  • What Webserver do you have setup? Apache / Ngnix / Unit / OLS / LS ?
  • Which Version of Centos?
  • What is your server hardware like?
  • How much Ram?
  • What kind of CPU?
  • Post the content of your Apache error and access logs
  • Do you run any custom configurations of your web-server apart from the keep-alive time
  • Is the server public facing. Can we give it a test to see what it does?
  • What have you tried so far. Show some of your steps not just in the interest of helping us to help you. But also to make it possible for others to learn from your experience if they run into a similar issue.
Your current description of the error reads more like a request for LAN network troubleshooting. It's as vague as saying "my computer is slow" which sounds specific but could be many many different things.

If you post more relevant info we can help you spot the issue. At the moment it's pretty hard to know how to help.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of the situation so I can get a clear picture. And I'm sure if you post some of that other members will pitch in with suggestions.

• What error do you get in your Browser when you get the "time-out"? ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
  • What Webserver do you have setup? Apache / Ngnix / Unit / OLS / LS ? Apache
  • Which Version of Centos? CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core)
  • What is your server hardware like?
  • How much Ram? 64 GB
  • What kind of CPU? Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz. There is a lot of free RAM and CPU in moment of "timeouts". Users from other IPs have a access to sites and server
  • Post the content of your Apache error and access logs They are empty, there no logs in time when "timeouts" occured
  • Do you run any custom configurations of your web-server apart from the keep-alive time Keep alive there is by default in httpd-default.conf. I have some custom configurations (MaxClients and other), but I checked without my custom configs - there is the same problem
  • Is the server public facing. Can we give it a test to see what it does? Yes, there some sites on the server. I sent you message with URL via conversations
  • What have you tried so far. Show some of your steps not just in the interest of helping us to help you. But also to make it possible for others to learn from your experience if they run into a similar issue.
I checked log files which I know - nothing
I tried to change tcp_keepalive_intvl, tcp_keepalive_probes, tcp_keepalive_time - nothing
I checked that problem not in wifi router and not in internet provider.
After some time (about minute) since "timeout" sites start to work.

Your site works ok on my end. Very cool BTW.
I've tried both links and have loaded several random pages in a row. They all load as expected.

I get why you think that your IP may be blocked. But you have tried different Wifi connections.

What error code do you get back in the Browser. Usually there's a code i.e. 200 ok, 404 not found, 500 etc.

Do you have any Caching setup?

Did you check for DNS issues?

Did you dump all of your temp files in all your browsers?

Is this a new install? Did it just start happening?

Have you run
Code:
yum update
lately

Have you ever run Build All?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest
./build clean
./build update
./build all
./build rewrite_confs

Your site works ok on my end. Very cool BTW.
I've tried both links and have loaded several random pages in a row. They all load as expected.
Try now. I set KeepAlive as Off. Open site on mobile device, then on computer.

Did you check for DNS issues?
How to check it?
Did you dump all of your temp files in all your browsers?
I tried on different devices and different browsers. Also filezilla and thunderbird stop to work during "timeout".
Is this a new install? Did it just start happening?
It's not new install. I don't remember when I installed DA and all soft. But it was long time ago. Timeouts started also long time ago.
Have you ever run Build All?
Yes when installed DA and all soft.

Now I have only one idea that can help me - to reinstall everything. But there some popular sites on server. I don't want to do it now, only as a last resort.

About DNS - I checked, there is no access to DA via IP and to FTP server via IP when timeout occurs.
But there is ping to IP.

Back