./build update
./build clean
./build versions
da build update_versions

Get error on iconv

checking if iconv is glibc's... yes
checking if iconv supports errno... no
configure: error: iconv does not support errno
doPhp_build: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/php-8.1.26.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.jTCR67XDC5.php-8.1.26.tar.gz'

I use CentOS Linux release 8.5.2111
yum install iconv-devel

Not found

yum install glibc
Package glibc-2.28-164.el8.x86_64 is already installed.

Check topics here please about iconv, there are several topics about this already.
Try this for example.

Mmmm..i'm having the same issue on CentOS 7 but after running the commands my VPS wont run any PHP anymore (even command line).

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build list_removals
./build remove_items
./build remove_old_local libiconv
./build build all

It still fails at the following, same as with Richard G.

doPhp_build: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/php-8.1.26.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.jTCR67XDC5.php-8.1.26.tar.gz'

I had to revert to a snapshot.

I'm moving to Almalinux in the following months but I want to fix this issue for the time being.

It still fails at the following, same as with Richard G.

This does not show the error, it only tells you that some sort of error occurred. The source of the error would have been displayed above this last line. Try listing more of the output.

I'm moving to Almalinux in the following months but I want to fix this issue for the time being.
Maybe you can move to AL better first and later check if the problem persist, mostly this will solve it self by using never OS (my experience)

Maybe you can move to AL better first and later check if the problem persist, mostly this will solve it self by using never OS (my experience)
That would definitely help, since you won't have any stale leftover libraries in /usr/local to make the builds fail.

I want to move sooner but not all things are up to me unfortunately :-(

I've made a new snapshot and run the commands again (previously i had a failed update and then ran the commands as listed above (minus the typo in the build all line)). Now everything is working without any problem.... Issue resolved for now. Moving to a new system in the new year :)

Back