Urgent help please: IP field in user adding form is empty

bulldorc

Verified User
Hello

I need an urgent help here. After using directadmin for over a month, added 8 users successfully. Today, when I try to create a new user, the IP field is empty (pic below). Thus, the user cannot be created. Please advise solutions.

image002.jpg

Are you a reseller or an admin? If you are a reseller, ask your hoster if you have a limit on the amount of users you can setup.

But you are a reseller. So in that case you best ask your hoster to solve this for you as he is the admin and can do everything with DA. Could also be he change something somewhere which resulted in this problem.
Unless you installed another theme or something.

I'm not sure. Normally that should not give any problems with the ip.

The error about "named working directory is not writable" is one you can ignore, or if you don't want to see it again, make the named directory group writable then the error is gone.

If you are the admin as you say, please have a look here:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip.list
if the server ip is still present in there.

Also look in:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips/
if the ip is in there too.

I'm just wondering if your domains are still all working. Because you did not say you use the local dns or an external one.
If you use the local dns system, the removal of named might indeed have caused the problem.

Can you enable named again? This would be done like this (RH, Fedora and Centos):
1.) Edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status and set: NAMED to ON again, you could restart DA to just to be sure:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/directadmin restart

2.) Execute the command "chkconfig named on" (without the "")

3.) service named start

Do you have the ip back then?

If still not, I would suggest you write an email to support and point them to this thread asking for help.

Hello,

When creating a User, the IP list is taken from that Reseller's IP list, eg:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/[B]resellername[/B]/ip.list
you can eiter manually add the IP there, or go to:
Admin Level -> IP Manager -> Select the server IP, and click "Assign to" with resellername selected.

John

Hello,

When creating a User, the IP list is taken from that Reseller's IP list, eg:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/[B]resellername[/B]/ip.list
you can eiter manually add the IP there, or go to:
Admin Level -> IP Manager -> Select the server IP, and click "Assign to" with resellername selected.

John

Hi

I've checked, the IP is already in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/resellername/ip.list

Also when I did the assignment, the error is: Cannot Execute Your Request: ip xxx.xx.xxx.xxx needs a status

Thanks

Back