Users can't change their email password from Round cube

ASap

Verified User
Has anyone here having this issue:
Go to your.server-hostname.com/webmail
Then try to change the user's password from Round cube, then you'll get error "DirectAdmin appears to be using SSL. Change your script to connect to ssl://"

Try using regular domain name instead of the hostname.

After going to /webmail DirectAdmin is not even being used anymore.

Same problem here, can't fix it. This is quite a big deal, as our users now cannot change their passwords!

I think we have found a solution:

1. Make a custom Roundcube config directory in custombuild: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/
  2. Copy current config from Roundcube directory to previously created directory: cp /var/www/html/roundcube/config/config.inc.php /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/
  3. Add the following lines to the config.inc.php in the custom config directory:
    1. $config['password_directadmin_host'] = 'ssl://localhost';
    2. $config['password_driver'] = 'directadmin';
    3. If the default DirectAdmin port was changed, also add: $config['password_directadmin_port'] = [custom port number];
We also added email_ftp_password_change=1 into directadmin.conf (but I do not know if this is neccessary).

Thanks for leaving this fix. Had the same problem today with a new client I've just moved over from cPanel. Fix is easy and straight forward :D

Back