version 1.21.3, can't create or remove users

l0rdphi1

Verified User
In version 1.21.3, whenever I try to create or remove a user, DA timesout and no action is performed. My timeout setting is set to 120 seconds, so I doubt it's that.

Any ideas? Is this a global issue? I'm on RH9.

Hmm... not getting that on our end. Anyone else experiencing that? If so post to this thread and send us an email. If there is an issue we'd need to get it sorted quickly.

A few thing to check would be
1) /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/* for any scripts that are there
2) check the useradd program. Try running it from ssh as root to see if it's hanging or anything like that..

John

Apparently, this was one of either my domain_create_post.sh or domain_destroy_post.sh scripts. Both of them open /usr/sbin/sendmail and send me an email upon domain deletion/creation.

Somehow this broke the user creation/deletion function of the new DA build. If I recall, they worked fine with version 1.21.2. I can still add/remove domains, and the script works fine for that, but it hangs DA on user creation/deletion.

Any ideas? I can email you the scripts, if you like.

The only thing I can think of is if the single line period isn't being sent at the end of the email message to close sendmail.

eg:
Code:
Subject: testing

testing.
[b].[/b]
John

Did the scripts work ok previously.... do they work when you run them manually (using temp variables)

Chris

Back