Virtual Box

fabioweb90

Verified User
Hello, maybe is a stupid question. I already have a licence for a server. Can i use the same on virtualbox for testing purpose?
Regards

Last edited:
You cannot use a standard license on multiple installs. Only one will work. For a definitive answer you should contact sales.

I also don't think this will work with the new licensing system. But I agree with CJD... to be sure, contact sales or wait until DA answers here.

Yeah, I would love to be able to run DA on Hyper V on my home machine for testing purposes.

If you regularly want to do testing and only need a single account (only admin user and 10 domains) (without pro pack), you can always use a personal license it's pretty inexpensive.

Yes.

Some fancy tinkering on network adapter settings get it done though if you're behind a router or something.

There is an official help file somewhere for this very thing.

I've done this years ago for a dev box.

While I might not be willing to research for you, at least I can confirm that it can be done, legitimately, without too much difficulty.

At least if you have an IP that doesn't change too quickly.

at least I can confirm that it can be done,
Years ago there was another licensing system, so I wouldn't be that sure at this moment. And indeed if possible... then only on a LAN (behind a router or something yes).

But probably his server is not on a LAN.

Hello i share to you the answer i got

Once you install on testing server, you will notice DA on the other server won't let you login any more. But you can always apply the key again, to make it work again. (and then it will stop working on the testing server) For more questions I would suggest our forum because lifetime licenses do not come with ticket support. If you would like support, you can view the license in your account and add the $199/yr support extension

Nothing in there when using purely in a LAN situation. But good chance that it works the same due to the new licensing method, not really bound to ip anymore so they use another method to validate. Confirms my thoughts about this in post #5.

Thank you for sharing the answer! (y)

Yeah, thanks for updating this post. Not the answer I was hoping for, but I get it. I think I will just go with the $24 per year solution.

Back