vm-pop3d stops responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jquadros

Hello

I have a FreeBSD 6.1 server running Postfix, Vexira antivírus (vams) and vm-pop3d as POP server.

It seems that vm-pop3d is having some problems.

Server was installed 2 months ago. Everything was working fine until the number of accounts grew exponentially. Then, a month ago, problems started. Until yesterday when I started it, it worked OK for a couple minutes minutes and then, it stopped responding.
"telnet myhost 110" would get a "connected to myhost 110" and nothing else (no response from vm-pop3d).

There are 6000 accounts registered on this server. Can vm-pop3d handle this number of accounts, where simultaneously can be 100 users POPing ?

Yesterday I increased the MAXCHILDREN to 100, changed it to run "vm-pop3d -d 100". It worked for almost 24 hours then died.

Any clue on how to resolve this ? They can still use webmail but client is not happy about this :(

Any suggestions ?

vm-pop3d -d 100

Did u actually see 100 vm-pop3d processes?

I found somewhere and fixed this in my start up script. there is something wrong in the documentation and you need to change it to

vm-pop3d --daemon=100

and restart vm-pop3d and you will actually then see 100 vm-pop3d processes.

I had the same issue as you have on your server and I increased it to 20 processes and its been working fine.

I've closed this thread, and moved it to Off-Topic Discussion, because the original poster, jquadros, is not using DirectAdmin, and this is a DirectAdmin support forum.

Postfix is not used in DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back