VoIP for hosting companies

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
17 times mind you x a long distance phone call to the 502 area code. Well see how much that cost me on my next phone bill.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, pucky, but what I did, several years ago, when I found I was weighing the cost of a call with the advantage of getting a problem fixed, was I put in a speakerphone on a VoIP unlimited line. I highly recommend it to anyone, in the U.S. or out, who needs support from U.S.-based companies and doesn't want to wait on the phone.

I spend a total of a few hours a month on hold with various companies. I get work done while I'm waiting. And I pay nothing over the cost of my phone line, which I use for almost all outgoing calls to the U.S. For calls outside the U.S., I use a VoIP company that charges me 2c a minute or less, only for outgoing calls, with no monthly charge.

If my solution isn't cost effective for you, then that's fine, but it is something I considered, and implemented. And I'm happy I did.

Jeff

i'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can look at a different vendor. We're very happy with the vendors we use now; we're phasing out Vonage, which is where we had the most problems.

Vonage works when it works, but when it doesn't it's a nightmare.

Any future VoIP discussion ... I've moved this to a new thread in Off-Topic Discussion.

Jeff

Back