VPS Control Panels

wsd

Verified User
Hello to all,
I would hear there are some here who can guide me to make the right choice, I'm about to setup a new system with Direct Admin and WHMCS.

So what should I choose for VPS Control Panels:confused:

HyperVM, FluidVM, Cloudmin, SolusVM or other proposals

Best regards,

Hello to all,
I would hear there are some here who can guide me to make the right choice, I'm about to setup a new system with Direct Admin and WHMCS.

So what should I choose for VPS Control Panels:confused:

HyperVM, FluidVM, Cloudmin, SolusVM or other proposals

Best regards,

We do a lot of SolusVM implementations :)

If everyone just lists their favorites, then the thread remains generally useless. How about reposting, with your reasons?

Jeff

Hi their I would say hypervm for the vps control panel

its the pest one around if I would say so my self

Why is it the best one? What does it do or not do compared to others?

Jeff

Because its open source but I seen their is a new one out now by virtualizor.com check that out its new well i never seen it before

It appears you've reached the conclusion that Open Source is better simply because of the license. I'm not sure that's always true.

And besides, Virtualizor isn't necessarily open source. On a post on their forum they write only that it's currently being distriibuted via free license. No where do they say it's an open-source license.

So, are you simply saying that free is best? I find that's not always true for me, though it may be for you.

Jeff

It all depends on the virtualization type you are going to use. SolusVM allows for OpenVZ (Linux), Xen Paravirtualization (Linux) and Xen HVM (Linux, Unix, Windows etc...).

I might be a bit bias because i wrote SolusVM, however we maintain a steady flow of updates and support for our clients, plus i'm a big fan of Directadmin (and Jeff or course!).

It all depends on the virtualization type you are going to use. SolusVM allows for OpenVZ (Linux), Xen Paravirtualization (Linux) and Xen HVM (Linux, Unix, Windows etc...).

I might be a bit bias because i wrote SolusVM, however we maintain a steady flow of updates and support for our clients, plus i'm a big fan of Directadmin (and Jeff or course!).

You wrote SolusVM? Phill? haha. Anyhow, I'd say SolusVM is the panel which allows the most flexibillity and administrating options.

If everyone just lists their favorites, then the thread remains generally useless. How about reposting, with your reasons?

Jeff

Proxmox
1. very Sable
2. community
3. Free
4. based on OpenVZ (very fast)
5. work with OpenVZ and KVM (can work with both Linux and Windows)

You wrote SolusVM? Phill? haha. Anyhow, I'd say SolusVM is the panel which allows the most flexibillity and administrating options.
I don't doubt that iceuk626 wrote SolusVM, but of course that's because I've bothered to do some research on the 'net. Whois, and the like.

Jeff

I think I understand that HVM refers to the processors that have the necessary extensions. Is that right?

I believe I'm going to end up with Xen, but I'm not 100% certain.

But of course all I do is try to support the project as best I can. The real heroes are John and Mark, who listen to us so often and give us the features we need.

I just went to your site, saw your link to Twitter, and tried to follow you there, but twitter appears down right now :(.

I'll contact you through your site.

Jeff

Two disadvantages of Proxmox (for me):

1. Can be installed only on Debian OS.
2. Did not, does not, will not support any software RAID, only hardware.

HyperVM is now free (since the founder's death). But it was a commercial software in the beginning. At least one disadvantage I can mention: too many VEs' options stay behind the panel. You can tune many of them only in SSH with a vzctl command. We're using this panel. No russian language pack(?).

VDSmanager can be used on Linux and FreeBSD, that is quite rare. It supports russian, that is good for us. I've used it only as a client. I would say it has a very friendly interface.

Two disadvantages of Proxmox (for me):

1. Can be installed only on Debian OS.
2. Did not, does not, will not support any software RAID, only hardware.

1. I have NOP with that, this is the "Host OS", Minimal involvement after initial setup
2. I use only Hardware RAID (Always RAID1), so, again, NOP :)

Best Regards,
Star Network.

1. I have NOP with that, this is the "Host OS", Minimal involvement after initial setup
2. I use only Hardware RAID (Always RAID1), so, again, NOP :)

Proxmox, in my opinion, is one of the most simple and friendly CPs, that support KVM/QEMU.

Last edited:
Back