what is "chown adminxx:adminxx" for Ensim? how to do this on DA?

onea

Verified User
I have failed to install a Perl CGI scripts.

Situation:
When I tried to start the script under the browser, 500 server error prompts!

http://admin.onea-business.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_start.cgi

500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Someone on that script forum mentioned something about "chown adminXX:adminXX *". But he says this is for Ensim. and don't know what to do on DA???

any idea of what all these are about. sorry that I am have no technical knowledge, though I have root access to my dedicated.

-----------------
Just to make sure of something, is everything CHOWN'd correctly?

In other words, did you upload/modify the files by FTP or through SSH? If you went through SSH while logged in as root (assuming you are the owner of the server), the files are probably chowned to root:root, while what you want is something such as adminxx:adminxx. And that varies in how the control panel software you're using operates.

For example, if you're in CPanel, you can get away with a "chown nobody:nobody *" but if you're on Ensim, you must do "chown adminxx:adminxx *" where "xx" is the site number you're assigned. But, since you're using DirectAdmin, I can't exactly say what to do, being that I have no experience with it.

ensim uses the following format for each domain/user:

admin1
admin2
admin3
etc..

Directadmin uses:

<username>
<username>
basically, any username that hasnt already been taken!

chown username:username file
chown admin:admin file
chown testuser:testuser file
etc...

Chris

Back