What is the purpose of other directories in directadmin apart from public_html

Amit

Verified User
Hi,
Can some explain what are the purpose of other directories in directadmin user account I only understand the use of public_html but there are server directory in user root folder like private_html etc mail and many more what would be the consequences of their accidently deletion.does that break anything if yes how can I recover my account after their deletion. Please explain

Make backups.

Folder names a pretty self-explanatory: private_html is for SSL connection to your sites and is usually redirected to public_html, Maildir is for new email. Just backup your account constantly and you can restore everything.

hat would be the consequences of their accidently deletion.does that break anything if yes how can I recover my account after their deletion. Please explain
Maildir and Imap are mail folders in which your mail is stored.
Private_html is what Ericc said, in the older days sometimes they were used seperately, best is to link the to public_html nowadays.
The cgi-bin (in the public_html folder) is for cgi-bin files, which are almost never used either nowadays.
The public_ftp is for well... public_ftp, most of us don't use that.

Can they be restored? Yes if you're lucky:
reset permissions:
This might come in handy, I install it by default. :)

Hi what if folders are deleted in user account is there any way recreate the structure

I just posted you the links to the solution if that happens.
If it's from the users own files, under public_html, so like his website, then it can only be restored if a backup is available.

Back