What is the relation between MySQL, PHP and Wordpress?

Jamisonowe

I just started building a site I want to be a user generated blog similar to "fmylife". I sort of understand where I am headed but can someone explain how MySQL, PHP and Wordpress will come into play here? I am quite confused.

this doesn't seems something related to directadmin.

I think you are on wrong forum, maybe, this thread should be moved to off-topic section and someone will understand.

Honestly, i didnt understand what you asking for.

Regards

Yes, this is definitely an off-topic thread, and I've moved it to the right sub-forum.

PHP is a programming language, often used to write websites. You do NOT need to know PHP in order to use programs written in PHP.

MySQL is a database manager. Programs written in PHP often use MySQL databases. Some programs which use MySQL databases create them for you; some require you create the database yourself.

WordPress is a program written in PHP which uses MySQL. Whether or not it creates its own database depends on how it's installed. You should check with your hosting provider to see if they provide a simple install for WordPress, which will create the database yourself.

If not, you'll need to install WordPress yourself, following the instructions provided at the WordPress download site, and you'll need to create the database as well.

This forum isn't really for teaching you how to create a website using WordPress.

Google is your friend.

Jeff

Hi jlasman. I like your explanation about php,mysql, and wordpress. Can I create a complete website using these three?

And,what is the use of Jquery? How does it work on website making?

Hi jlasman. I like your explanation about php,mysql, and wordpress. Can I create a complete website using these three?
Yes. Lots of people do. You may want to find a commercial template to give you a head start.
And,what is the use of Jquery? How does it work on website making?
I have no idea; I don't use Java or Javascript tools (I don't even know which it is). Perhaps someone else will respond.

Jeff

Back