Where Does My Upload Go??

cheese65 said:
THIS IS ALL A BIT NEW TO ME,
IVE UPLOADED A SHORT TESTER MESSAGE TO MY SITE WWW.JEDIMASKS.COM
IT UPLOADED OK BUT THERES NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT
WHERE HAS IT GONE
This is probably not a post for General Technical Discussion & Troubleshooting; it should probably be a user issue.[/quote]
MY WEB DESIGNER MAY OF ADDED A /1X.HTML CODE TO THE END OR SOMETHING (THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE[/quote]
To the end of what? Your file name? If so, what is your filename?
IS THERE ANY WAY IN THE FILE MANAGER TO FIND WHAT IT IS STORED UNDER?
The filemanager can see every file you can upload through either FTP or FrontPage. So, yes, if you know what you're looking for, and check all the folders, you should be able to find it if indeed it was uploaded.
AND CAN I CHANGE IT BACK TO JUST .COM
.COM is not a standard html filename; if you changed your filename to .COM or to .com you still couldn't see it.

Don't forget that proper capitalization IS important in webhosting; if you've capitalized something that should be lower-case, or vice versa, you will break your site.
P.S TRIED DREAMWAEVER TODAY (RUBBISH) GIVE ME DRAG AND DROP DESIGNER ANYDAY
DirectAdmin doesn't care what you use to design your site as long as it uploads through either FPX (FrontPage extensions) or FTP (File Transfer Protocol).

Do you have your own DA server, or are you a site-owner with a site hosted on someone else's server but running DirectAdmin?

if the latter, you'll probably get much better help from your hosting company than here. Your hosting company can log into your server and figure out what went wroong; we can't.

Jeff

Also note that there is a upload filesize limit for DA. The default is 10 meg, so any files larger than that will be dropped. You can change the uploaded size limit from the Admin Settings.

John

Back