Why Does Error Domain Exists Happen?

OIL710

Verified User
I have a brand new VPS with Centos and DA installed by my provider.
There was no way to get to my Default Domain. DA would not let me add my default domain when logged in as Admin, and in User mode. The error was that the Domain Exists each time I tried.
The online help did prompt me to delete the DNS zone which, with some trepidation I did. Then I was able to add my main Default domain.
I had tried for a few days to get to my default domain which DA showed as in existence, but just not accessible.

Can I suggest the installer script be _fixed_ so the first time login as admin prompts one to add their default domain. If this were the case I would be streets ahead...
Oh boy, I wish I had gone with Hestia. ;) Well, maybe not. I have used DA a lot with several Reseller accounts, but not on a VPS before.
Seems to me the installer scripts are lacking/flawed.

OIL.

Did you by chance configure your hostname as the same domain (not a subdomain of it but the root domain) that you tried to add?

As an admin, you have 3 user levels: admin, reseller and user. If your domain was available under the 'admin' user, you should have been able to configure it under the user level.

Back