Wildcard subdomain in dns cluster

elsevi

Verified User
Hello community, I have a dilemma, in case you can solve it.

I created a wildcard subdomain like *.temp.domain.com

This subdomain is for users that I register as user hosting that do not have their own domain, for example choose: nameclient.temp.domain.com

When you register it, the system assigns you a hosting account of the 5 servisors that we have, logically, according to the balance of the same.

Note that the first server is the DNS master and the others are slaves, that is where I have configured the wildcard as the main domain: temp.domain.com and with record A with @: *.temp.domain.com (If I put whatever it is in front of ".temp.domain.com" points correctly to the master server.

The dilemma is that if the client falls on a server other than the DNS master, it does not make redundancy of the chosen subdomain.
I have the sclaves well configured, since the normal domains if they do redundancy, fall where they fall.

Do you know why it can be?

I appreciate the help.

Hello,

With DirectAdmin on a board you might use its native multi-server feature to share DNS records among servers, instead of using master-slave scheme. This should your issue with pointing temp domains for users to a correct IP.

Back