zend won't build

neorder

Verified User
hi, i installed DA in 2 boxes already, but this time i had come across a issue, zend won't build.

i just run ./build zend from ../customapache, answered apache config file located and hit yes to build, but the screem doesn't show anything, and SSH hangs, why is that so?

thanks

i tried to rebuild all, but when i try build zend, the result is the same, black screem, no response.

is there a way that i can uninstall DA, and restart everything?

If it is at the Zend install, it could just be a display problem. The Zend installer uses curses to display their menus, and if your $TERM variable is not set right, or your terminal emulator is not set right, it might be displaying, but all the colors could be the same, so it would appear as all black or hung.

You may be able to just install it by hand, if you don't get your terminal stuff fixed. Basically you want to untar the ZendOptimizer-2.1.0a-Linux_glibc21-i386.tar.gz file and copy the ZendOptimizer.so file from the data/4_3_x_comp/ directory to somewhere like /usr/local/Zend and add the following to your php.ini file:

Code:
[Zend]
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/ZendOptimizer.so

Obviously the zend_extension should point to the full path of where you put the ZendOptimizer.so file.

thanks, i don't get how zend "uses curses to display their menus"? will read a bit later ;)

i've fixed it, it's due to some file corrupted, when the first time i install zend , i saw black screem, and ssh hanged, so i closed that session and login in ssh again , try to rebuild it, but unsuccessful.

in the end, i deleted all the files in customeapache and rebuild all, it's working fine now :p

Back