CentOS 7 released.

I will do all the tests on centos 7.
will be in touch with directadmin if had any problems.

Is it possible to install Directadmin from CentOS 7 ?
Are there changes that will cause problems maybe ?

Keep us updated ben29 :)

I'm also planning to install a new server with CentOS 7 and DA but I still need to order the new server.

Is it possible to install Directadmin from CentOS 7 ?
Are there changes that will cause problems maybe ?
You can try. If you want to try before DirectAdmin staff issues a working version, then you can edit the /etc/redhat-release file in yor CentOS 7 installation to be the same as it would be in a CentOS 6 installation, and try it with a CentOS 6 license.

For example, on one of my CentOS6 servers:
Code:
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

It may not work for lots of reasons, for example if there have been any library changes between the versions which cause dependency problems.

Jeff

so far, from what I can tell, no upgrade path from 6.5 to 7.
do hope they find a way around that.

Hi guys, any ETA on supporting Centos 7, yet? :)

Sorry for bumping this, again, but I plan to set up a new server before the end of this month and would like to know if I can utilize Centos 7 on it.

Thanks

Hi guys, any ETA on supporting Centos 7, yet? :)

Sorry for bumping this, again, but I plan to set up a new server before the end of this month and would like to know if I can utilize Centos 7 on it.

Thanks

EL7 has a significant change in switching from sysvinit to systemd for starting/managing services. There seems to be quite a few issues with it, critically services requiring network starting up in wrong sequence and therefore not working properly.

Since none of the DA supported OS versions are using systemd, I certainly hope DA don't rush with this. Personally I'm probably not going to put any C7 into production until at least the equivalent of a 7.1 is out.

EL7 has a significant change in switching from sysvinit to systemd for starting/managing services. There seems to be quite a few issues with it, critically services requiring network starting up in wrong sequence and therefore not working properly.

Since none of the DA supported OS versions are using systemd, I certainly hope DA don't rush with this. Personally I'm probably not going to put any C7 into production until at least the equivalent of a 7.1 is out.

I would like to mention that systemd is already supported in CustomBuild 2.0, so that's not a problem at all :) There are just some technical things that need to be thought about before releasing DA for CentOS7 (like to use MySQL or switch to MariaDB, to allow switching back to MySQL or not to, and things like that), the decisions will be taken once, so they need to be taken carefully. I'm very happy to see the interest for CentOS7/RHEL7 support :)

did you will do support for xfs filesystem?
I would like to mention that systemd is already supported in CustomBuild 2.0, so that's not a problem at all :) There are just some technical things that need to be thought about before releasing DA for CentOS7 (like to use MySQL or switch to MariaDB, to allow switching back to MySQL or not to, and things like that), the decisions will be taken once, so they need to be taken carefully. I'm very happy to see the interest for CentOS7/RHEL7 support :)

That's good to know. I'd been looking forward to upgrading servers to EL7 for a variety of features but the uncertainties/issues with systemd from the Centos mailing lists put a dampener on that.

Lately I received a lot of questions about the release date of DA for RHEL7/CentOS7. I would like to mention that official DirectAdmin support (support [at] directadmin.com) is the only place where questions about the release dates should be sent. Thank you for understanding :)

the mariadb is probably a pretty important issue where redhat/cent defaulting to it.
I use it on mine with no issues, sites that were mysql saw no changes.
I have flexibility there since all 10 or so domains on server are mine and I don't have to worry about customers.
the mariadb does handle the busiest site better.
but for those concerned I was thinking you could probably do a setup like you do now with apache/nginx-apache/nginx setting in the CB gui.
just have choice of mariadb or mysql.
seems to me that would handle the issue well.

Considering Percona Server as a replacement for MySQL is good too. We've been using it on our DA server for months now without any problems.

Back