How to configure email queue in Directadmin?

Tommyhara

Verified User
Hello,

I have sent an announcement to my forum members about 20K members but a part of email is sent while I am seeing too many email queue in admin page of Directadmin. How to configure email queue in Directadmin to have more emails to be sent in a day or I can send all emails once?

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, you can set global mail send imiting by editing file /etc/virtual/limit or to change daily mail sending limit only for specific user you can put the desired value in the file /etc/virtual/limit_username. If those files doesn't exists you have to create it. You can read more here:https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=81

If I understand you correctly, you can set global mail send imiting by editing file /etc/virtual/limit or to change daily mail sending limit only for specific user you can put the desired value in the file /etc/virtual/limit_username. If those files doesn't exists you have to create it. You can read more here:https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=81

Use something like DADAMail, it lets you configure how many emails to send per hour/day.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to check them out

Is there an easier way that existing in Directadmin to set daily mail sending limit?

Saying about the DA daily limit, not sure if it continues to send if you have more to send the next day.

eg. if you limit to 1k a day, but you have 2k to send, not sure if it'll continue to send the remaining 1k the next day...... If it does, it would defeat the purpose of trapping spam.

Hello,

If emails were not sent immediately by Exim and were put into a mail queue it might be caused by one or several of the following reasons:

- server load was too high
- emails were bounced back
- your server IP was blacklisted and/or a connection to a remote 25 port was rejected.

Whatever the reason is you should read Exim logs to understand what went wrong.
Outgoing emails would be rejected immediately by local Exim (without putting them into mail queue) if you hit a threshold on daily sends.

- emails were bounced back

I think I am having one of these problems because I received emails bounced back like this

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Katie4487@freshsmokereview .com
retry timeout exceeded

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;Katie4487@freshsmokereview .com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: KatieCall <Katie4487@freshsmokereview .com>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 10:27:28 +0000
Subject:

It is by email error or a bounced back by my email server?

Katie4487@freshsmokereview .com
retry timeout exceeded

The recipient server as it seems rejected a connection from your server. It should be investigated through logs, and with telnet on port 25.

On my end the server under question does not accept connections to 25 port, they seem to block it.

Back