Rebuild everything from 0. Direct Admin Save Data & Users files

ibossonline

Verified User
Rebuild everything from 0. Direct Admin Save Data & Users files. it's that possible?

I have run so many commands and now I feel I need fresh install. but I have domains and users and I cant do it. how it is possible to keep everything data, DB base, users settings, domains all admin settings but just reinstall direct admin to all options become working.

everywhere I click there is an error, can't connect MySQL, cant connect FTP, SSL not right.

I messed up my webserver a lot, with all those commands I was typing in terminal using root. :(

I do not have the knowledge and just was going to copy-paste the situation. I definitely , do not recommend it is someone is in my situation.

Attachments

• error mysql.png
    error mysql.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 105
And never made a backup of your data before ?
You have balls to play with an production server without knowledge of Linux or DA.

I hope you have learned your lesson and I would advise to correct your Mysql problem first to make a complete backup of your users data and database and then to start a reinstall your server

what does your logs say about the mysql problem ?

Take a backup. Copy down the file to a safe place and start over.
OR at the very least copy down the site data via FTP.

I would recommend you build a test server to play on..

Take a backup. Copy down the file to a safe place and start over.
OR at the very least copy down the site data via FTP.

I would recommend you build a test server to play on.
I agreed with 100%.
just I already got few domains at least 30 domains on the server. I am trying to find a more easy way to take down all websites copy

The admin backup is all of the websites and data on the server in one tar file. Hopefully you have cron based backups running already.

Also read all of this https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/faq-for-directadmin-new-customers.58062/#post-305046

and here https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...rectadmin-1-46-or-later-is-recommended.44743/

Whats the overall issue here? You think the server is hosed? if yes set all the correct options you want in the option.conf file then run
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild

./build update

./build all d

This will rebuild the server based on your choices in options file.

Attached cheat sheet for commands

Attachments

• DA cheat sheet.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 258
Back