Can't sign into DA

jcritch

Verified User
For reasons I won't go into I had to rebuild my VPS. Of course that meant I had to reinstall DA. Everything went fine until I tried to sign in. Then it tells me my credentials are wrong. After checking setup.txt, I changed the password. Still no luck. So, I decided to try to log into DA using SSH. I used admin and my password. Still no luck. So, I signed into my server as root and issued the command passwd admin. Guess what. It tells me there is no such username as admin. Unfortunately I have gone as far as I know how and need a little help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    638.8 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for your response. Yes, I had looked at it and followed every step. Everything appears to be ok as I went through each item there, except the passwd admin whi h says there is no user named admin. But when I look at setup.txt, it shows there is a user named admin.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I had looked at it and followed every step. Everything appears to be ok as I went through each item there, except the passwd admin whi h says there is no user named admin. But when I look at setup.txt, it shows there is a user named admin.
Check:
Code:
grep admin /etc/passwd

If it's not there (this would be really weird), you may add one using:
Code:
useradd admin

For whatever reason that worked. At least it shows to be logging in but now it is a loopback. I remember seeing someting about this in an article. I will have to run it down. Thank all for your help.

Please create a support ticket if you cannot get this sorted out :)

Back