Rocket chat with Direct Admin

pixGT

Verified User
Currently I have Direct Admin with my server. Its up and running without having any issues. Now I need to install a chat application for the server. Actually this is a totally separated appication and its not related to the hosting. If I install this is it effect for my DA server ? That third party application using 3000 port. Please advise me. to get details please refer the following link

you may try to use the docker version , it will not damage your DA.

you may try to use the docker version , it will not damage your DA.
Thank you for your reply. I got the same answer from the Rocket chat support. Thanks alect. I already installed docker and now its up and running.

I will publish the reply I got it from them. I think that will be much helpful for our Direct Admin users.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That probably depends on the installation method that you choose when installing Rocket.Chat.

For maximum isolation, I recommend to use the Docker installation because of that everything from Rocket.Chat (application itself and MongoDB database) is running completely separately inside a container.

If you choose to compile and install from source (git repository), you might need to install certain versions of dependencies or frameworks that are already installed on your server that will then end up in a conflict of existing applications.

Here's a guide for the Docker installation: https://rocket.chat/docs/installation/docker-containers/docker-compose/

Back