Majordomo and Yandex mail

zahek

Hi everyone,

I have a domain name in my own hosting with Direct Admin panel. I have forwarded MX records to Yandex to use Yandex business email service.

I also use Majordomo lists but if I use Yandex mx records, it doesn't work. If I use hosting email service, Majordomo works.

I couldn't find a solution. Does anyone now that if there is a special records I should do?

Thanks for your replies from now.

It has been a while since I have worked with Majordomo due to too many ISPs treating the emails as spam, but think your issue is due to how it sends email. Majordomo uses the local sendmail interface to send emails so if your server doesn't know how to route emails to the MX server using the /usr/lib/sendmail then your email will end up stuck on your server. It doesn't appear to support SMTP directly.

Hello,

Whenever using Majordomo mailing lists it is expected that MX is pointed to a DirectAdmin server where it's hosted. You send an email to a special address on your domain to which a mailing list is registered, then the email is sent to subscribers. So, it's expected it does not work in case you route your MX to Yandex.

So you will need to use another domain for your mailing lists, e.g. ml.domain.com, or whatever you want.

It has been a while since I have worked with Majordomo due to too many ISPs treating the emails as spam, but think your issue is due to how it sends email. Majordomo uses the local sendmail interface to send emails so if your server doesn't know how to route emails to the MX server using the /usr/lib/sendmail then your email will end up stuck on your server. It doesn't appear to support SMTP directly.
Thanks for your reply

Hello,

Whenever using Majordomo mailing lists it is expected that MX is pointed to a DirectAdmin server where it's hosted. You send an email to a special address on your domain to which a mailing list is registered, then the email is sent to subscribers. So, it's expected it does not work in case you route your MX to Yandex.
So you will need to use another domain for your mailing lists, e.g. ml.domain.com, or whatever you want.
If I understand correctly it will work like that:

domain.com : MX will be redirect to Yandex
dl.domain.com : It will be used for mailing list

If so, how it will be its MX record?s First need to open a new subdomain nd setup its MX?

Sorry for my questions, I am not expert on DA panel

Read the following pages, they should answer your questions:

Back