Suhosin in php 7?

Strator

Verified User
Hi,

It seems like ever since I've updated php 5 to php 7, the suhosin extension is gone. I'm probably doing something very wrong, just can't figure out what it is.

In php5.6, Suhosin was loaded in 10-directadmin.ini with the following line:
extension=suhosin.so

And the module itself is actually in /usr/local/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-zts-1234567/

In php 7.2 or 7.3, there isn't even a 10-directadmin.ini file, and the suhosin extension is nowhere to be found, even though suhosin is turned on via the Custombuild configuration. I even ran this manually:

./build set suhosin yes
Changed suhosin option from yes to yes

./build suhosin
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suhosin-0.9.38.tar.gz
Extracting /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suhosin-0.9.38.tar.gz...
Restarting php-fpm73.
suhosin 0.9.38 PHP extension has been installed successfully.

But not luck, unfortunately. phpinfo() also says nothing of Suhosin. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't think suhosin was ever updated for PHP 7 nor do I think it's even needed.

I see what you're saying - but then I guess it's a bit misleading that it shows up as a Custombuild option when you have php installed, and even more confusing that it seems to install, when in fact it doesn't.

Btw. there's a suhosin replacement for php7 here:

I'm the developer of Snuffleupagus, and I'll be happy to give a hand to integrate it with directadmin :)

I'm the developer of Snuffleupagus, and I'll be happy to give a hand to integrate it with directadmin :)
We'd be happy to integrate it, but we're a bit afraid of suhosin's story :/ (we included it in the past, but all the development stopped)

Anyway, feel free to contact me on this, we could simply replace "suhosin" option (because it's dead already) to Snuffleupagus.

While I'll do my very best to maintain it for the years to come, I can't promise that it won't end up like Suhosin.

What do you need from my side to make this happen?

While I'll do my very best to maintain it for the years to come, I can't promise that it won't end up like Suhosin.

What do you need from my side to make this happen?
Maybe just some general recommendations, if any :) other than that it’s pretty clear

You should be good to go with the set of default rules, but I'll be happy to help with/review a more tailored rule set. I've tried to make the documentation as comprehensive as possible, but let me know if anything is unclear.

You should be good to go with the set of default rules, but I'll be happy to help with/review a more tailored rule set. I've tried to make the documentation as comprehensive as possible, but let me know if anything is unclear.
Added to CustomBuild 2.0 rev. 2473. With empty snuffleupagus.rules file by default. I wish it'd show extension version somewhere in phpinfo(), this way we could offer updates when new version of the extension is released.

Back